PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 13:55
bearfoil

xcitation. Way too early for this, I warn. In the desription of fox3banana I see a Pilot (if description is accurate), displaying some troubling issues.

First, there is a friction in the PF/PNF dynamic. PNF has taken role of leader.

Second, PF appears unwilling to admit mistake, and "insists" on taking control.

He appears to act without "executive function", internally.

Oppositional, lack of executive thinking, and poor impulse control.

This is admittedly unsupported, and I apologize for even bringing this to the front. However, the investigation might seem to be heading into a Human Factors/Dysfunction moment.

Understand that the situation is incredibly challenging. I have experienced panic while flying in wind shear, and it took all the energy I had to properly focus. These guys had one hurdle after the next, and many all at once. Each person can revert to less than effective performance when in this sort of challenge. That is why the sterile cockpit, Alcohol rules, and distractions are taken so seriously.

Astronauts (Used to) undergo extreme Physchological evaluation; some of the testing was barbaric.

No authority can loosen these rules for those entrusted to transport People by Air. We cannot let a loosening of flight chsallenges to degrade stress/performance requirements.

No criticism intended, and it may be only that this Pilot did not bring his "A" game to this flight. That is as far (and as lenient) as the situation can allow, for the sake of safety.

RWA Have you ridden a SEGWAY scooter? Two wheels, the handlebars are to support only your arms, and it turns by the cg change of your body.

It's been around for many years.

Also. FBW. It is early, but the HUMAN BRAIN has been shown to change tune a radio by wirelessly comanding the change by "thinking". I kid you not. "Mind command" is not far off. With the fine tuning of the kit now working, it is conceivable a pilot may fly without touching anything! It also warns to be very very cautious of distraction?

AIRBUS. RWA, don't leave out another motive for a "change" in flight controls. Complexity for the sake of marketing. NEW!! DIFFERENT!! CHEAPER!! and did we say NEW!!