PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Woodford visit before it closes
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 13:47
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A Woodford visit before it closes

Flew over to Woodford yesterday and got a perfect day for it, took my little video cam along and put the results up onto youtube, also got some pictures, the in flight ones aren’t too good as they are just stills from the video.
ATC where the most helpful ATSU I’ve come across and was a real privilege to have the whole airfield and it’s services all to myself

Hope to be able to get back there before the 25th, though to get any better shots I’ll probably need a camera man … oops camera person : .
Flight through Manchester CTA was mostly uneventful and I even managed to get a direct track Woodford to Liverpool on the way back, well you don’t get if you don’t ask.

Was rather interesting being downwind at Woodford and seeing the Manchester final approach so close though it hasn’t shown up on the video mostly due to the haze layer.

Was nice to be back at Woodford been a number of years since I was working there when it was in full production mode, strange to see it now so dead and deserted.
I’m trying to get involved as much as possible with pushing to keep some GA on the site and am hopeful that something may come of it I just hope it’s not in 5 years time when that perfectly kept runway has deteriorated and fell into ruin.

Regards

Ian

Last edited by igarratt; 4th Aug 2011 at 15:51.