PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 11:01
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOAC
I think I can see now which stick it is, but why is there no 'Dual Input' warning at "2 h 12 min 59" onwards?
There is? later. It is not systematic: this warning is triggered if imputs are not in the same way, if one pilot don't use priority (disabling other imputs)
I also note (must have been asleep!) that the report says there " The pitch attitude varies from 11° to 13°." Do they really mean that? If the minimum attitude was 11 degrees that is extremely high for level cruise to start the manoeuvre.
Still asleep?
Increase up to 11° (started from 0°) during the sequence 0210:07 -10:18, pitch was low at the begining (likely due to thrust reduction)

Here is the whole (English) extract for those 7 seconds.
Those are the next 7 seconds after my quote above for 0210:18 -10:25.
Manoeuver started at 0210:07, not 11 seconds later.

RE The spoilers, I am having difficulty looking at the 'LH/RH' 1-6 lines which mean nothing to me, but there is no mention in the CVR extract of speedbrake retraction, only they are 'deployed' at "2 h 12 min 04 - 2 h 12 min 07" - is that Spoiler LH/RH3 as shown in red? Is the other (LH5) triggered by aileron input?
Look at straight orange curves: "Spoiler LH6", see both "V" at exact same time: released, retracted. It took less than 10 seconds.