PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Recruitment TV Ad
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 09:16
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
No, it's not a bite, rather challenging a presumption or a statement, without factual support.

Those who know me professionally also know that my life has been spent fighting maladministration - whether it's within the Financial Services industry, the RAF, HMRC, local authorities... My favourite line (familiar to anyone within shouting distance of my desk space in MOD was 'I don't pay your company to make mistakes!'. The advantage of my current appointment is that I have a lovely office, sound-proofing and staff for whom English is a mysterious language that involves shouting, sarcasm and threats (based on my example).

Accordingly, if it is true that Per Serc personnel are exempt Stn duties (which I somehow doubt) I would love to expose this.

Back to the issue at hand, I am sure (I hope!) the Strat Comms people at Air do appreciate the sensitivites - not so much within the Service, but amongst the thinking public - of advertising for recruits when SQEP are about to be shown the door. As for turning off the recruiting tap - the RN did this in the mid 1990s and now they have a surfeit of Senior rates in many disciplines. I am sure that Manning are more than aware of this and realise the constant need for new blood, even if it appears to be counter-intuitive to dismiss qualified people and take in newbies.