PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 07:33
Mimpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all the various reasons above, an aggregated international body should do this investigation based on the raw data. I feel there is no confidence in the French investigation , especially amogst pilots and the travelling public. This is one of the most important crash investigations in history, and it requires clearly independant and fearless conclusions...no consideration AT ALL should be given to extraneous commercial factors .

Artificial horizon, altitude and derived groundspeed were all clearly available.The stall clearly warned and occured at the top of a zoom climb of at least 5000 fpm, leaving a persisting unacceptable nose up attitude clearly visible on the AH and a persistent initial stall warning. Airbus has to reprogram the stall parameters to any value that might reliably assist in extreme attitudes. I suppose a clearly visible AoA indication might have helped.

Fox, I pretty much agree with you...PF was impaired, but there is a toxic soup of design (stall programming parameters, non visible control inputs, digital verses analogue style readouts, etc ), Emergency response to aicraft upset and spatial disorientation, major CRM flaws, weather, possible unkown effects of other parties in the cockpit (unclear), the deleterious effects of automation technology on clear thinking problem solving at first principles level......even possible cultural traits affecting handover proceedures and flight discipline.

My favourite training adage was, " when things get really bad, take your own pulse first"

Last edited by Mimpe; 4th Aug 2011 at 07:48.