View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 05:04
xcitation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox3WheresMyBanana
OK, after reading the English version
Originally Posted by Fox3WheresMyBanana
1 None of the pilots are even looking at the attitude indications OR
IMHO PF was not reading the att ind due to physiological shock. I think the other 2 did see att ind.
The wings to flat horizon the standby horizon (CAP)

The horizon (second) (PNF)

2 The PF is ignoring the stall warner because of the unreliable speeds, and
Ok.

3 The PF is flying the stall warning / unreliable airspeed procedures for the Take-Off/Go-Around phase of flight, i.e. aiming for 15 degrees Nose-Up attitude, not the high altitude procedure.

Good call.

Look at the stick input and pitch attitude after 2:11:00. The PF is trying to maintain 15 degrees pitch attitude. He states "I'm in TOGA".
At only one point, before 2:11:00 when the PNF insists, does the PF consistently apply Nose-Down controls. After that I think it's clear he's convinced they have a high speed situation because of the buffet, and thus completely fails to spot the stall.
For me more curious is at the start AP disconnects and PF does aggressive stick back. Zoom climb begins. After 4 seconds the first brief stall warning occurs. It is largely ignored and they continue the climb to FL375. IMHO he PF was in shock and mentally impared by epinepherine surge.

I think it's possible that the PNF does think they are stalled when the Stall warner sounds at 2:10:51. The power comes up and he warns the PF about lateral stick. But the PNF either doesn't realize or doesn't see a problem with the PF trying to maintain 15 degrees NU

Agree.

No emergency procedures are verbally identified. No drills are done. No cross-checks of Attitude, or anything else, are called.
Agree.

Last edited by xcitation; 4th Aug 2011 at 05:31.