PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight test tips please
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 04:48
welliewanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Mad (flt) scientist and sycamore. You're not only a good test pilot, but also a good detective! It is indeed a Global, for those unfamiliar with the type, it's similar to a G5 (BIG HIGHLY swept wing, engines at the back, T tail)

@Goldeneagle. I have the test schedule here and am studying it. I have done one of these flights before, but unlike last time, this time we will be doing the full schedule (including engine shut down). The parts which worry some people are:

- Engine shutdown FL160 less than 250kts with APU running. Then test systems and climb capability. Then windmill relight.

- Stalling below FL150. "Stop deceleration if stick shaker has not occurred by 3kts below scheduled speed or if pusher has not operated by 2kts below scheduled speed"
What's the big deal about stalling an aircraft like this? People seem to get very shaky about wing drops etc. Maybe I've just got complacent with stalling "benign" aircraft like the C152. My personal favourite in that was to stall with full power and a steep turn! Do big aeroplanes really bite you on the bum that much worse?