PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 01:51
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@JJFFC : I'm not saying I'm right, but I'm saying that there is certainly room for debate. This wouldn't be the first time that interested parties have used the press to push their case while only providing the details that supprt their side of the story...

Originally Posted by CONF iture
No Dozy, the PROBLEM has always been to know IF and HOW your partner makes flight control inputs.

But what do you know about flying a multi crew aircraft after all ... ?
Do you only know about flying ?

Sorry, but just getting tired of hearing you talking as even a 30000 hours retired Captain with 25 years on FBW Airbus would not dare to.

Please, let others talk if you don't know, or at least, let room for healthy reserve or doubt in your talking.
CONF, we've been *well* aware of your position on non-backdriven sidesticks versus interconnected and/or backdriven yokes for over half a decade. I'm not saying your opinion is without merit - it has plenty, in a theoretical sense. But there are thousands of Airbus FBW pilots around the word that do not consider it a problem - this is not about *my* opinion, this is about *theirs*.

Given that we've had at least one similar incident where having an interconnected yoke made no difference whatsoever to the outcome (Birgenair), surely you must therefore consider that the theory which supports your personal preference may not necessarily be the solution in all cases?