PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 23:17
barney31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saying..

Ok i am waited for the cathy to replied to my applications ok, i am waited too much this is normal? Ok is it anybodies else in same as psitions as myslef? I am hope to received this invitations by cathay for the stages 1 2 3 4 5. Is anybodies knows much about this new stage 5?
Dude, if I where you, I would be more worried about your english proficiency then getting an interview. For goodness sake, at least use the spelling-check on your forum-admissions That being said, there is no stage 5. Just flight grading and after that, it is up to FTA and CX to offer you an cadet-position.

I've been following this thread for quit a while and I have still some questions. The most selection takers say that you don't have to learn only the JKI but more things. I've read about CX, the fleet, destinations, HKG about itself. But what more? Where can I find more technically details? Which books? I've bought the book 'Handling the Big Jets' but it is quit hard because I don't have any flight experience and never read very technically things. Where can I start?
Sounds like you have done some research, but if you can not understand the fundamentals laid out in the book, you have a real thing coming.... But nevertheless, to give some 2-cents alternatives: Try to ring up a flying club or school in your vicinity and see whether your can take an IFT. You will have to break your piggy bank, but it does not cost you an whole arm. Try to contact a pilot (preferably from a larger carrier) and see whether they have any good reading material. The FAA site has some basic stuff on flying and you ought be able to read and comprehend as it is general technical knowledge. There are loads of books and scripts out there, some more technical then others. You better get to grips with the basic flight fundamentals, else you are just wasting your time.

Oh, and read the "the 49-ers, True Story" from John Warham as well.

Good luck!