PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 23:05
bearfoil

Hi JD-EE, The real root cause of what? Look, I think it is fascinating, this discussion re: AoA, Culture, and snarky repartee, ad nauseum.

The fact remains, the stage was set at AutoPilot disconnect, it becomes ever more clear. If the pilots were right, they would have recovered, and if they had grokked STALL soon enough, they would have recovered. But they were wrong, and kept expecting NU to solve their overspeed problem. It is certain. (my opinion only)

Three qualified Pilots ignore STALL WARNINGS and input near constant NOSE UP. Not an Approach to STALL recovery, (This is Not Colgan for silly sakes), and their mistake is clear to the hangers on, after the fact, Regardless the conclusion!

The initial PF saw Nose Up, Roll Left. The last one, Also PF saw Nose Up, Roll Left. None of the Pilots, NONE, grokked STALL.

Are you Pilot? High altitude, cruising, 500knots TAS. AP quits, must hand fly. Too much hand, a climb, a big climb. After Topping out, immediately see huge loss of altitude, and noise like you would not believe. Having heard one "bogus" fart from 447, I have huge airstream din, huge and continuing LOA, and I say "I think we have crazy speed!" They've seen UAS, so he isn't saying "Duff speed" he is saying "Way Fast".

There is no other way to see this, except to claim the boys were idiots.
That is perhaps the looniest opinion in two years of being here. Because there are some armchair pilots here (guilty) and pilots being who they are, everybody has a handle on it. The case is all but closed.

Nonsense.

See #1448

Thanks for all your input, I've learned much from you fund of expertise, and your way of presenting it.