PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 22:32
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
@DozyWannabe

DozyWannabe
In Normal Law you are commanding *rate* of movement in the axis rather than deflection. The FCU will do whatever it deems necessary with flight controls and thrust to get you the rate you're commanding. As you progress down through the laws, channels move from rate to deflection. In that case, I don't think the amount of time you hold the stick in a given position changes the deflection, but obviously the longer you hold the stick in position, the more time that deflected surface has to act, same as any other aircraft.
Could you reflect on my post post1433.html, please?
After your above statement iīm the more interested.

DozyWannabe
Quote:
Yellow : Elevator movement commanded
Green : THS begins following movement (autotrim)
Unfortunately the inputs are never held long or forcefully enough for the THS to make significant movements (remember it took over a minute of nose-up to go from cruise settings to full-aft), and the nose-down elevators last for 10-15 seconds at most - crucially they are immediately followed by a return to nose-up
could you point me to the indication, that the THS is moving? THS is the blue straight line on the bottom?

But by chance, how should THS move when after 15 sec. of SS ND the elevator peaks max at -15°NU (the magenta line)? Would the THS start moving prior elevators move to the ND range? How long is SS ND and in what magnitude required to get the elevator in a ND position?

If i read your above statement from post1436.html correctly, then elevator should be in "deflection channel" as you name it? Why does the elevator move only to 15°NU, even distinctive ND SS inputs where present (also not over prolonged time).

I hope, i didnīt get on your ignore list.