PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 21:39
Lonewolf_50

Received 420 Likes on 262 Posts
I am fully aware of that, 21st century. Suffice to say, I am more than passing familiar with the lay of the land out there, and the littoral, and the problems of Afghanistan being bloody well landlocked. Hell of a place for America to run a war.

Did you read my post?

How is a US carrier operating off of the coast of Pakistan a violation of Islamabad airspace? Or, is the assertion that the flight did not have standard dip clearance to go from Afghanistan to feet wet?
Are you a military pilot? Do you not remember the fun of getting diplomatic clearance for flights over various nations' airspaces?

The presumption of an airspace violation (as opposed to one of many routine flights through Pakistani airspace (yes, we do have agreements with them)) seems to me a leap of inference by our intrepid reporter. Now, if we have in our agreements with them some language that we'll not transport dead terrorists without providing a passenger manifest, or if the flight can be shown to not have been on the air tasking order, with copy to USDAO and with appropriate bits releasable to his Pakistani MoD contacts** and more, then perhaps our intrepid reporter can show that this flight was done on the sly.

All he has done is made a claim, and I am skeptical of his supporting sources.

(Mind you, he may be right)

No further comment.

I was being a bit facetious, eh? Tone sometimes doesn't come across well on the internet.

** = yes, such things are done, no kidding. There was a time in my life not too long ago that I had to deconflict various and sundry stuff with the among the MoD in that country through USDAO, about some those useless 's ... I better stop. Got no love for some of the lads who serve our "ally" there.