PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 20:47
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good breakdown 404!!!

Unfortunately, math does not mean anything to the irrational guys taking the offer. They would rather compare it to regional jobs in their home countries and ignore the obvious facts about career earnings and the very high expenses of Hong Kong living. That brand new tripler just looks too good (NR was right about SJS).

I've had the pleasure of running into a few of these guys lately. They look and act like a bunch of second lieutenants fresh out of flight school, except of course they have had far less quality training than a military pilot. I fear the days when these guys are captains, and God forbid the days when they run the AOA. Talk about growing up in a Cathay petri-dish... They will make our current DESO 30 year old wonder captains look like space shuttle commanders. So much for high standards at CX... No amount of pedanticism and cockpit rigidity will compensate for this inexperience.

CXorcist

PS - Sorry S11Max for missing your sarcasm. Guess I was unable to see the humor in your post, but thanks for your valuable pprune contributions.