PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - lifestyle and work/life balance
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 15:44
irishpilot1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tall Boy
Money isn't everything and whilst a command would have been nice from that perspective, I don't think I could have done many more years of minimum-rest four sector earlies.

The biggest thing I wanted from moving to BA was not to be exhausted for 95% of the time. the food on-board is actually pretty good (a small point perhaps but when you are eating 50% of your food at work it can make a big difference). I feel like a human-being again and that is really priceless.

BA pre-allocated all my 2011 leave as we joined after the leave bidding window. I called rostering, expecting to be told to PFO. After about 30 seconds they had moved all my leave to my requested weeks with absolutely no questions asked. This experience alone should tell you all you need to know. At easyJet the only way to have achieved this would have been to buy 51% of the company's shares!

The flying at easy was hard work made bearable by some outstanding crews. That aspect of things is the same at BA but it is complemented by a far better work / life balance. I no longer fear being worked into an early grave!

I'm not looking back...
a robot with no flexibility, working max hours to becoming a human again