PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 14:42
bearfoil

Dozy

Many thanks, I am well past 'broken'. Thank you for not making a big deal. I say what I think, and since I have no conclusions, I am quickly able to change course, this is after all, a "knife-fight"!

Please notice on your depiction that the THS trace has 'serrata', to me indicating a command, but one insufficient to cause actual deflection.
They exhibit a consistent rate and amplitude, thus probably just an electronic telltale. Notice also the appearance of these saw tooths on either "side" of the normed line. This would say to me the "direction" of the command signal?

Lonewolf. "The problem PF had with ROLL". I know what you mean, but it carries an inference that he was not up to it. Can we agree that the ROLL, like the Pitch, was difficult for other than possible Pilot issues with aviating?

Can they have been convinced (for the most part) throughout the Descent, that they were wicked oversped, and not STALLED?

I think it is clear that is the case. "He's pulling UP". "I hope so, we're at 4000 feet!"

Last edited by bearfoil; 3rd Aug 2011 at 14:53.