PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 14:06
bearfoil

mm43 After your vertical red line, the roll position and heading direction show close relationship. (Actually, throughout, the relationship is clear.) So we see clearly an Heading change(s), relative to Roll. This is not indicative of Pilot overcontrol, imho, it shows rather an unstable a/c in the Lateral axis, as well as the Longitudinal. For the record, My reasoning is that to effect a change of direction of several degrees takes time, indicating rather a chronic condition than an acute one.

I have a 'gut-feeling' as well. I am confident in the Pilots, and the a/c. Those traces tell much, they tell the truth, and they have no axe to grind.
I do not mind in the least being upbraided, ignored, or marginalized. I do not have the credentials to dismiss anything, even myself.

I think it arrogant when sweeping statements are made by pros. I have an excuse.

My first reaction was to assume Pilot induced ROLL.

It is not, imo. The a/p had a similar pattern, at the end of its authority.

More than anything said of the excellent commentary, It is regrettable that esteemed posters would simply dismiss an artifact as irrelevant, or unimportant. Especially w/o supplying a reason, with explanation.

At first blush, the stick stirring and ROLL problems might seem to condemn the PF.

At every turn, to me, there is a simple explanation. It may have bearing it may not. I carry it with me as I read, and I think people are wandering too far into a blanket condemnation of the Pilot Crew. Also of the a/c.

Both sides are carrying and wearing their bias openly, and it seems objectively to me to be foolish.

Last edited by bearfoil; 3rd Aug 2011 at 14:24.