PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For those who have lost money with SFT and continue to complain.
Old 28th Nov 2001, 15:57
twinkletoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The letter I have posted has quite rightly gernerated several replies already, so perhaps it's time for me to make further comment.
Firstly let me address gunner b 1 2.
As you correctly point out, this is no place for personal attacks so as you said please take this as constuctive critisism.
I have to agree with your pshyco analysis, the title is very deceitful and for that I apologise. My only excuse is that it has come out of sheer anger and frustration, in fact if it is at all possible I will change it.
You have accused me of gloating, this time I have to disagree. I had the utmost sympathy for those who lost money with SFT. Unfortunately over a period of time this sympathy has turned into anger due to the constant complaining and backstabbinng that has occured in the period since SFT went under.
I have just about had enough of peoples attitudes to their own mistakes and in this case, fortunately there is a forum for me to state this.
I am far from feeling superior to any of these people here, in fact quite the opposite. I have made many mistakes but I alone made these mistakes and have no one to blame but myself. Just as the people we are discussing I have no right to complaint.
The fact remains that parting with vast sums of cash with little or no security is a very foolish thing to do. In it's basic form it is gambling, and as any gambler knows you should never bet more money than you are prepared to loose.
Now the subject of my education, you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you start making attacks on that. Replies do not have to come in three or even four parts. If you only have two valid points thats fine you don't need to pad it out.
My education was far from the best, mediocre some may say. To add to that since leaving school I have had no reason to improve upon my grammer until now but I will take on board your comment work on it.
There is however no spell checker on this message page and I do not have a dictionary to hand so please accept my appologies if my inability to spell each and every word correctly in this informal forum offends you.
Now onto my so called financial advise, at least two out of the three options are perfectly valid. I know so because they are options myself and fellow students have taken. However as I pointed out (rather sarcasticly I am ashamed to say),anyone undertaking CPL training should research thoroughly their options.
Do not rely on people in forums such as this, banks, building societies and credit card companies are far better placed to do so.

Now on to Helimut. You seem to know so much about NVQ. Do you remember when it ceased? In certain cirumstances to obtain full benefit from NVQ a student was required to pay a large sum of money up front. As I am not a gambling man a 23% gain did not outway the possibility of a 100% loss.

As for the other replies, I hope I have addressed your comments.