PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingdom Air-They must be kidding?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 10:58
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown contracts in almost every African country plus most of the middle east countries, my own impression of 'The kingdom' was that I hope never to return... The most boring country on earth.. Not even 'alcohol free' beer available... be prepared to be forced out of the supermarket for an hour several times a day while the employees go off to pray... all the ladies dressed like ninjas.. religious 'police' wandering around making sure no one is enjoying life.. I spent a year in Kinshasa, often considered the worst city on the planet next to Mogadishu... would rather be in Kinshasa than Riyadh any day. Oh.. and if you do go.. stay off the roads if it rains.. They're the most uselessly dangerous and incompetant drivers anywhere outside of the Congo.. the difference being that in the Congo the cars and the roads are in such bad shape no one can move fast enough to hurt themselves, In Riyadh they all have top end SUVs and so much money thay don't care if they hit someone.. which they do, often.