PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin on a go slow?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 07:50
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squirter,

Maestro is a piece of ****, it really is. It looks out approximately 160 nm. It, like any piece of software has its limitations one of them being the operator or the manipulator! It still requires a person to oversee/monitor and manipulate it. Prior to maestro we had a flow controller working out the order and speeds etc. So why buy it? I don't know. Maybe it's another manifestation of the spin bull**** that ASA continually feeds industry?

As an example we have just gone to what's called 'voiceless co-ordination' it's one of the things that TAAATS was built for, only taken us 10 years to implement and now TAAATS needs replacing. There ya go!

If you go through my airspace you won't be getting your flow time at the last minute. (a lot of ATC's do this because the fix time changes that many times, you sound like a complete cockhead changing it all the time). I'll set your time, give you the fix time and then un-fortunately we'll run with the changes.

Add to this, I just don't effing know what speed you blokes are doing anymore that it just takes one of you to do things a little differently and it completely shafts the sequence.

Framer,

Have a look at the financial statements that ASA publish, back office numbers have exploded whilst ATC numbers continue to dwindle. ASA are famous for the 'little' empires that are built from time to time. There are two now, 'PR' or the spin department and 'People & Change' P&C wouldn't know their arse was on fire until they got their finger burnt.

The best example of these imbeciles:

ATC mate of mine goes overseas on a contract, comes back to Australia, gets a job in the 'Learning Academy' teaching ATC. Wants to get back on the console controlling. These f@#kwits in Canberra are making him go through the whole application process to see if he is 'suitable' for ATC?

He says to them: 'You do realise that I'm teaching ATC in the college?' He gets the standard response from some ******** HR degree graduate (the degree you do when you fail Arts).

How are you suitable to teach ATC in the college but not practice in the field?

Rome burns! ASA will be losing up to 80 ATC's a year (boomers retiring) and the college can train a maximum of 40 per year.

ASA needs a serious cleanout. I bull**** you not, I could fix it in 18 months. We all know what's wrong in this place, it's a yes man's paradise. The top dog doesn't want to know what's wrong and the 'ATC hate cell' in Canberra have control.