PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 07:38
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takata,

That's funny. Based on your posts I’ve read on this Forum, I can say this post brings a welcome change: you're acknowledging your occasional rudeness for the first time...
Originally Posted by takata
Not wanting to sound rude, but guys, please, stop making up stuff.

But if I take your post seriously then, regarding my post, which I can speak about, I think either it was not written clear enough for your reading, or you didn’t read it carefully.

The post has one paragraph with accurate references to the BEA report, with the rest being some thoughts, exploration of various tracks, with NO claim of being BEA information, and an acknowledgement of being speculative,.

That’s not “making stuff up”. It’s called discussing, and expressing some thoughts, and the exploring of various logical tracks, which is what a large part of the posts on this Forum is about.

That being said, let's looks at your (claimed) facts. I marked in RED, the text, for which I would be curious to see your supporting information.

1. Please point to the BEA report text mentioning that "at impact both Left and Right cockpit seats were occupied".
2. Please point to the BEA report text mentioning that all the belts and harness were attached?

Correct or accurate information is: partially belted, that is, only one out of two belts were attached, and the harness was NOT attached. See translation of BEA text bellow.

2. Who ever told you anything about pilot's bodies state and details, besides tabloids.

What tabloids are you referring to? Are you equating the entire press, radio, and TV with tabloids?

Do you include in the tabloid category all the official press information regarding Phase 5, either from the Ministry of Transportation & Ecology, or other organizations involved. Do you include interviews of officials, like Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, and Thierry Mariani, etc….?

PS. A word for word translation of the BEA Report text I have referred:
1.13 Renseignemants medicaux et pathologiques

L'examen des corps remontes lors de la phase 5 confirme les observations consignees dans le rapport d'etape nr 2.

1.13 Medical and Pathologique Information

The examination of the human remains recovered during Phase #5 /conforms with/confirms/ the observations mentioned in the Phase #2 Report.

1.12.4.2.1.3 Les sieges du cockpit

Sur le siege situe en place gauche, les centuires ventrals etaient attachees, le centure de 'l'entrejambe et les harnais d'epaules ne l'etaient pas.

Sur le siege situe en palce droite aucune ceninture n'etait attachee.

1.12.4.2.1.3 The cockpit seats

On the left side seat, the ventral belt was attached, the between the legs and the shoulder harnass were not.

On the right side seat none of the belts were attached.

Originally Posted by takata
Can't you make the difference between pilots bodies and seats?
Facts:
Both pilot seats were recovered and analysed. (structural analysis).
it was found that at impact:
- both were occupied;
- one was belted (PNF, LHS) -> at impact!
- one was not belted (PF, RHS) -> at impact!
This is the only clue they have. They can't deduce anything about when the pilot umbelted before impact, or if he ever was belted during the flight.

Who ever told you anything about pilot's bodies state and details, beside tabloids? We don't even know officially, beside captain's body, if they were actually recovered.

Last edited by airtren; 3rd Aug 2011 at 20:08.