PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - lifestyle and work/life balance
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 07:18
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just to play the devil's advocate a bit more..I don't think anyone should base the decision to join BA based on a 10-20-30 years time plan! And the reason is that the world is changing drastically, or in fact has already changed. So to be completely honest with you as much as no one knows if any company will be around that long at this point, the same and more is valid for the very traditional airlines of the world (bear in mind there are people actually joining Virgin now from pretty ok and stable jobs, and that really goes beyond my comprehension..there obviously must be something I am missing).

Don't get me wrong I think BA is one of the best companies in the world with the potential of offering a fantastic career development. I am just saying that you can't live your life waiting for the future all the time because you are young NOW, and you have to live your life NOW,if it gets better in the future well that's a plus. Joining BA is a good decision for most i think, as long as they enjoy the lifestyle it offers at every stage junior/not so junior/senior/capt etc..Being on nightstops constantly waiting to go back home, or planning your career on a long term commute I don't think can make anyone happy..even if in 30 years you are a space shuttle captain.
this is just my idea/experience.

Last edited by bringbackthe80s; 3rd Aug 2011 at 08:11.