PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For those who have lost money with SFT and continue to complain.
Old 28th Nov 2001, 06:14
twinkletoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post For those who have lost money with SFT and continue to complain.

I have read many messages and seen the news clip and to all those who have lost money with SFT. HOW STUPID ARE YOU?????.
Will you stop your bitching and whining.
You have only one person to blame for your losses and that is yourself.
Why on earth did you pay money up front??? It beggers belief, the stupidity of some people is becoming impossible to comprehend.
You had at least three options for payment which guaranteed that you would lose little or no money.
1. Pay as you go (can't get much more simple.)
2. The eschro account (i think that's the correct term) requiring 2 signature for the withdrawl of your money.
3. The credit card (what a fantastic piece of modern technology). It covers you for any losses.

Now number 3 take a little explaining.
Yes you have to pay a little more, 3% I believe, a small price to pay for piece of mind. You also may have a problem with the limit on your credit card....hang on...no you don't, if you can get your grubby little mitts on £18000 then, instead of happily handing it over to Mr C Green, why not credit you Credit Card account with it, then make your payment and hey presto you have an £18000 plus limit on it. (Think of all those air miles you would have had).
Now lets be fair to all those people you have slated at SFT, namely Mr C Green (bless his cotton socks). He may not be squeaky clean but he is a buisness man after all. Do you really expect him to stop cashing cheques because times are hard, what would you do.?
Well I for one would try my damned hardest to keep my company afloat and utilized all my assets.Had continuing to cash cheques worked,and the company remained afloat none of you would be bleating on here about your own stupidity and to see you whining to the media was absolutley pitifull, jeez, one guy who was there in front of the camera wasn't even a student any more (you know who you are baldy)!
Did any of morons do any research before you started, did you hear what happened to the students a SECOT. There is even a (very good) book out call somthing along the line of 'How to get your CPL' by Clive Hughs and if you don't pay too much attention he states in BOLD LETTERS..Don't pay any money up front. (Nice one Clive)
Well where do I come in to all of this. I'm sure you have speculated...oooo that must be so and so, or he must have been Colins lap dog. Well I'm sad to say all I am is a very satisfied student who paid his money as he went, no discounts for me, I even turned down the NVQ option as I felt happier losing the 23% discount that risk losing more money that most people would ever see in a lifetime.
Now for the good news,. This situation has left many of you unable to complete your trainning. GOOD! We don't need commercial pilots out there with your obvious lack of common sense, it's probably saved many lives.
Unfortunatly there will be the persistant ones and all I can hope for is that you will get caught out either in the interview stage or when you come to take you sim ride.

Please, please don't push the CAA into forming some sort of regulation. They charge enough money to sit examinations an provide examiners for your cpl/ir. All you will sucseed in doing will be to price people who deserve to get there ATPL out of the market. Lets face it any extra charges they do apply will go into nicer offices (if thats possible) or the latest high tech answering machine service designed to reduce their work load.
Give up now...let this be a lesson.

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: twinkletoes ]