PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 23:11
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Risk

Hi Risk, I know its a tough decision, I had a bright future with the same airline you are in now but decided to go on with the Flying Part, given the risks, advantages & Disadvantages, I just compared my choices & here I am, although a year and a Half late from graduating, I still didn't give up or thought that I took the wrong decision.

I can say, the line Training is not mentioned in the Contract, but Air Arabia is always present around us, we are training at the same place their Second Officers are being trained & staying in the same Hotel aswell !

We have meetings with Air Arabia's Training Dept. Captains twice or more per month up here & where we discuss our training & give them some feedback about us (from a Trainees View), as far as I can say, Air Arabia is serious about us and are working side-by-side with Alpha & the GCAA to make it one of the most successful Programs...don't forget the fact that Air Arabia owns 51% of the academy (which means if they don't employ us, they are loosing from the other pocket).

For your second Question, we have raised it to the HOT, he told us clearly that it might take from 4 to 6 months for us & the Coming Batches, and would start decreasing as the number of Airplanes & line training Captains increase (looking at about 10 extra Captains by Sept alone) we will be graduating sometime around Sept (just after Eid)

Thanks for the Thumbs Up & Blessings

Last edited by malirm; 2nd Aug 2011 at 23:49.