PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 21:55
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saturn V
takata, if they left the cockpit door unlocked while the captain took his rest, I believe that would be a security violation.
Read me again. I have just said the opposite.
Cockpit's door was recorded "locked" when captain left for resting.
Nonetheless, it seems that is was not the case previously, before captain rest. Hence, yes, it is reported by the BEA that they could not determine if the door was locked before this point.

What I meant is that they are supposed to make a serious investigation about everything and, the report is about their findings up to this point.
- If they found that there was any kind of trouble with cockpit's door opening when captain came back to the flight deck... be sure that it would be noticed and mentioned !
- If they could determine that someone else was on the flight deck during the accident... be sure that it would be reported also !

Consequently, why making up stuff that doesn't exist anywhere in reports and discuss those meanigless issues as if they were real?
Captain entered the cockpit and nobody has had to stand up for opening to him. Why would they? Is it clear enough?