PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 16:42
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additionally, "section 1.11.3" is mentioning that it is possible to mine further data from the on board computers that were retrieved, in regards to the sequence of speed calculations and rejection, around 2:10:xx as they have non-volatile storage that may still hold readable data. This is work and effort that is planned, so additional information will be available in a next report.
Yes, I thought I read that, so thank you for confirming it - my French is limited but I've been able to glean some information from the report.

I recall that the NTSB used this technique on the Cali AA B757 crash - they were able to read the processors from the CDUs, Control Display Units for the aircraft's FMC system to determine the last entries made, confirming why the turn was made towards the mountains during the descent.

This may help in determining the answer to HN39s original question about the two second delay between the AFS disengagement, and the loss of airspeed presentations on the left PFD and the ISIS.