PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 14:08
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello PJ2

I think I've posted this earlier, but somehow it got deleted - my mistake - when I corrected some spelling errors.

The "Chapter 1.16 Essais et recherches", at page 42, of the BEA report is providing information that seems to be relevant to your thoughts.

Additionally, "section 1.11.3" is mentioning that it is possible to mine further data from the on board computers that were retrieved, in regards to the sequence of speed calculations and rejection, around 2:10:xx as they have non-volatile storage that may still hold readable data. This is work and effort that is planned, so additional information will be available in a next report.

airtren

Originally Posted by PJ2
airtren;

Yes it is helpful, thank you, airtren. I didn't state it as such, but it was indeed the speed of processor operation that I was thinking about in terms of the "disconnection two seconds before the CAS dropped" - that the speed of processors enable downline processors (FCPC's to be exact), to "know and act", (ie., disconnect the AFS) long before the data recorders, sampling at various but obviously much slower rates, "knew" and recorded the event.