PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 10:51
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
How will we find out weather the elevator had enough authority the bring the nose down at such a low speed and that immense sink rate . . .
Again, we see a suggestion that the aircraft is capable of locking the pilots into a true deep stall. Some posts back, a flight engineer monitoring the pilots referred to deep stalls.

I again ask - is there any evidence one can be locked into an unrecoverable deeps stall in this aircraft type?

Good memories goes on to say:

For me a test in the best simulator is no proof it has enough authority. It has to be simulated on the acft. , same weight, same altitude, same CG, 5000 kg in the stab tank.
Amen to that, but . . .

I think EADS is obliged to make a test like that with a test pilot and some normal line pilots with no aerobatic experience.

The suggestion funds might be diverted from executives luxury homes to advanced training is not going to - dare I say, 'fly.' But I'm left wondering just how much of Davis' handling training could have been bought with the costs of years of recovery and even more years of inquiries and the implementation of even more confusing workarounds and fixes.