PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 09:17
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"ROTE" = I suspect King of Kabul means Return of Training Expense. A mechanism previously employed on some cadet schemes (Netjets for example) by which the hiring company can re-imburse you some/all of the training costs you've incurred to get the job with them. Normally would be paid on some basis of a reduced salary and then a tax free repayment that tops you up to the "normal" level

for example:
If the cadet F/O salary (this is only an example, not reality!) = £40k
The Cadet would get something like:
Salary £30k which will be taxed
Repayment of training expense £10k ....tax free.

Net effect is that you get more take home pay for the same salary over the period it's in effect. Downside is you may struggle to get car/house/personal loans based on your actual income, as the £10k is not considered "pay". At the end of the period, you'd revert to a full £40k salary, which is all taxed.

Academic standards - MOST of the cadet schemes that have run in recent years were minimum of 2 A levels or higher. BA are likely to set the bar VERY high as they will have thousands of applicants - they're likely to dwarf the number other cadet schemes have had. I would think probably 3 A levels minimum grade C to even apply. but - and read this carefully - ALL of the above is JUST MY OPINION...I don't "know" anything.