PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 08:23
Good memories

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearfoil,

How will we find out weather the elevator had enough authority the bring the nose down at such a low speed and that immense sink rate. For me a test in the best simulator is no proof it has enough authority. It has to be simulated on the acft. , same weight, same altitude, same CG, 5000 kg in the stab tank. I think EADS is obliged to make a test like that with a test pilot and some normal line pilots with no aerobatic experience.

If this it not possible, maybe full rudder could have helped to bring her nose down, I think the air force pilots call it top rudder. I never heard of this until l was 50 and skipper on a 747. There was a video demonstration from a AA Captain about unusual attitudes. Only after my retirement flying gliders here in the Provence I did these maneuvers real time.

We are not all gifted like Scully and I was certainly not, still I was able to fly 21000 hrs accident and incident free.

It is therefor that I find the conclusion on this matter by the BEA very premature and greatly unfair towards the pilots.

I like Aquadelta's questioning and view on the matter in post nr. 2423.

To me it seems there is more knowledge and serious doubt in this forum than there is with the BEA or is it EADS?