PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 03:50
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

Flying today is an order of magnitude or two safer than it was in the days of the "old farts" here. Dredge up statistics for yourself. You owe it to your reputation for honesty and fairness around here.
I think so too .. say otherwise would be in bad faith.
On the other hand we must also realize what the objective criteria that have achieved such results
There are many and not only the progress made to the aircraft or avionics.
The airports are now equipped for the most part help ensure a better security approach for landing
Weather forecasts and knowledge of the atmosphere at altitude also helped to improve safety.
In terms of plane .. the engine has made tremendous progress and thus the fatal engine failures are rare
The FBW has assisted flight and also allowed to consider the construction of aircraft with new materials and significant economic returns have been created.
And there are other aspects that certainly forget
Remains the Achilles heel ... pilots ...
Considerable progress is still to do on this side .. since .. statistics have now changed and the human factor (errors) took the lead in the reasons for accidents
Anyone know where is the problem ..
Now .. as has been done about any technical problems .. we must find solutions .. is certain that despite other progress .. figures and statistics will frozen in the state as today .. or worse .. deteriorate ...

The pitot tube issue despite being the trigger is actually irrelevant to what caused the accident and I think one has to be careful not to attribute a major design flaw to the pitot tubes. To say that there is something wrong with the aircraft is a value judgment implying a serious problem. Remember, according to BEA the pitot tube problem in this incident did clear itself up after a short period.
I hope you will be in court of justice for explain the facts above ...
Thales and Airbus will have you a debt of gratitude if you been as persuasive in your message
I dunno if AF will be so happy ....

Last edited by jcjeant; 2nd Aug 2011 at 04:03.