PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmanship and a few random queries
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 01:21
HomeJames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well this really has turned itself into an appendage measuring contest.

That poor little PPL pilot, couldn't use his comm properly (which freq was he broadcasting on, there's a good look), didn't read NOTAMs, but of course, let's all have a quiet word with him, asking him very politely not to do it again eh? Bollocks!!! If I was in Lancair's position, I would have done the same thing, with the addition of calling the groundskeeper about the parking on the grass. Would this be a different story if the 182 were a
SAAB or A320? Would there perhaps be and incident report? I think so.

So the fool who can't use his radios got a revving, so what? That is the least that could have happenned. Chances are he will remember that big mean jump pilot in future whenever he has more than one Comm. Pwecious widdle pwincess.

On the ground however the jump pilot was out of his aircraft almost before the prop stopped spinning, ran across the ramp straight under the wing of the PPL pilot, opened the ajar door and started laying into him.
I'm sure this is what Lancair did, in fact I'll bet he brought his cane and knuckle dusters so he could give the chap a jolly good thrashing. Was his white scarf flapping in the breeze behind him as he walked? Top points for poetic license there NIK320 old boy! I think a little bit of bruised pride has led to unhealthy amount of indignation.

Too often in life we allow incompetence to flourish by not speaking up.

Straight Home and don't spare the horses!