PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin on a go slow?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 23:27
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, DNS, we are.

I watched two departures out of Canberra for Melbourne yesterday afternoon about 2pm. Because of this thread I quicklooked them. Virgin departed first, cruised at F280. As the QF 73 climbed through it's level (on its way to F340) it was grounding 50 Kts faster (I **** you not!). I looked at maestro, the QF 737, zero delay (it was about 8 miles behind the Virgin 73) the Virgin 73 had about 12 minutes delay programmed.

A QF 73 out of Sydney was smashing them both (GS wise).

There was a little flow (or sector manipulation) that kept the Virgin 73 in front but still with a delay.

Now, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news to your MBA superstars, you are a pack of imbeciles to think that you have all the answers with about 25% of the information. I could save y'all a mint by giving me a radar feed and letting you know where and when your bull**** econ speed is going to work.

But your inflated ego's (MBA) won't permit you to acknowledge that a Year 10 graduate (me) could do a much better job than the 'smartest guys in the room'

It's so bloody simple it's laughable, but no, lets complicate and beauracritise a job so that it looks like only an MBA could do it.