PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If Carlsberg made a flying Club
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 21:28
SoundBarrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steakandchips...

I am not in the Isle of Mud but your plan looks like it is heading in the right direction, you did ask for feedback though...

1. Friday night members draw
Draw a members number from a hat and if they're there they win 10 Quid. If not it goes into the 'kitty' for next week and go again until the money is won.

2. Sucker a member in to run / organise a few events. You have a BBQ, but what about a pub quiz? Have something everyone can enjoy and even make it aviation related. A good bit of fun for a spot prize would be for each person to submit an entry for completion to the sentence, "There I was and nothing on the clock but...." for some fun reading.

3. Newsletter - online and printed. Some people don't take their IPAD to the shi77er. But if you have updates like,
"This month we have a flying competition, winner gets 0.00001% share in the coffee machine" or something similar people will come and fly

4. Run a flying competition
If you want details on planning and running these I have a fair bit of experience, PM me. There are several types which you can encourage people to fly - again it is about the flying not about money - but more flying keeps the flying cheaper and the club existing

5. Have a 'bring the family' event. Get wife/husband/girlfriend/child up in a plane with an instructor at a reduced rate to get them to see what it's like. Get a jumping castle or something for the kids if you have members with small ones.

6. Members are friends and not customers as has been mentioned previously. Get everyone involved in running, organising and taking part all the above - it creates a sense of kinship and pride in their club

7. Food - food should be available and good. Good does not mean fancy

8. Make it about they flying.

Best of luck and feel free to PM me if you need to know more - I did this for a number of years and loved it!