PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 21:05
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takata,

Thanks for this answer. It seems the answer to the question posted by RetiredF4.

But will use the opportunity to ask a question of mine. But before I do that, if my sense of the tone of your post is correct, please take it as a very simple, non loaded question.

The range of air speeds was from 275knots down to very low values, which is quite a wide range.

Is one default value correct for such a wide range?

Originally Posted by takata;6612433; post 1253
Why do you think that system would bother to isolate any compromised ADR channel - they are continuously monitored in real time - beside for avoiding that wrong imputs would be used by the system flight controls?

Alternate law 2 is just doing that; C* law is modified; imputs are treated differently with less gain (meaning that default values are used instead of real air data).
If this part of your post is the answer to my question, then let me make sure!

My question was about "stick input duration", and there is no "duration" in your answer...

So, I will rephrase the question, just in case it was not clear, picking some numbers for the sake of clarity:

Is there a difference between the control surface deflection in response to a 1 second long stick input to a position 2/3 of stop, and the control surface deflection in response to one stick input that is 5 seconds long to the same position 2/3 of stop?

Originally Posted by Takata, post: 1253
There is no proportionality between surface deflection and stick imputs until direct law. Those imputs are translated into load-factor demand, and system will deliver them up to the limits (2.5g/-1 g in clean conf.).

Last edited by airtren; 1st Aug 2011 at 21:21.