PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHF - Merlin Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 20:09
Neartheend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, but I must beg to differ, 845, 46 48 have not embarked in the past few years for anything close to the harmony limits. Standfast the grey fleets, who by their nature regulary do. There is plenty of scope for Wings and little F to come from the Wider FAA there are no rules saying he/she must come from the CHF. From my close association with 84x I cannot see what couldn't be done by the RAF SH force or better still a joint force. You go on about the amphibious role but other than flying from a ship which both Chinook and AH have done in the past the tactical flying at the other end is the same old same. Using your augument, then only the RAF SH should carry out RW land based ops in Afghan Sorry I still can see no compelling evidence to suggest that only the RN could maintain the role if it came to it. Finally, harmony is negotiated by the single services. If the RN has not managed to negotiate better for it's personnel then thats a problem for the RN to address without bringing everyone else down. Perhaps topmast failed for a reason.