PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 19:28
Lonewolf_50

Received 410 Likes on 255 Posts
Dozy, it read pilots to me. Perhaps me being far sighted and the PC I was using is to blame. If what you said was "apart from the pitots nothing was wrong" then my response to you was to something you didn't say.

Sorry about that. My, what a waste of bandwidth over that little error.

Apologies due to you and Old Carthusian for confusing the issue due to a slight reading problem.

takata:

Sorry, we are not speaking the same language nor in the same terms.

When the Captain leaves the flight deck, there are two pilots, one in each seat.

WHO IS IN CHARGE?

You can't answer that with "they are both co-pilots." There are expected roles for two pilots in a multi pilot cockpit.

So, when the Captain left, WHO WAS IN CHARGE?

The new rule, which was the end of your post, seems to be

Whomever is now sitting the left seat is in charge until I (the Captain) get back and relieve him.

Correct?

EDIT: to all of you kind folks, thanks for explaining the nuances of French in the reference that I presumed referred to the Captain's return, once called by the PNF. No hablo Francais sehr gut.

From something gums had said about how the F-16 waffles and falls in a particular kind of stall, it appears that the A330 has a similar "soft" feel to the stall ... but then, it appears that the nose was being held up, which kept it in a stall. Perhaps the "feeling" wasn't all that pronounced, other than the roll excursions early on, and so what the PNF was seeing and experiencing wasn't as obvious to the folks in the cabin, which included the Captain.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 1st Aug 2011 at 19:48.