PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If Carlsberg made a flying Club
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 17:28
IanPZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to second (or third) the idea of more 2-seater light aircraft, like the eurostar etc. Not sure which of these you can legally learn on as a light aircraft, rather than microlight, but from all the people I talk to, taking more than 1 other person up is not as common as all that, and the new breed of rotax planes are comfy, fairly fast, and much cheaper on fuel.

Also, comfy rest area, tea and coffee (not a machine, please) and wifi.

And as for a social, get some members involved in running it. If you try to do it all yourself, not only will you get knackered, but also it will only have your flavour to it.

When I was looking for somewhere to learn, places like damyns hall, exodus, booker seemed far more attractive than those airfields where the main training organisation was cabair, and anything else ran out a small shack that was damp and smelled of wee!

Finally, make your presence online, make it good, and keep it changing (diaries, events, student blogs, instructor comments). A lot of the social interaction that starts online can end up in a club, but if you dont have the online presence, you don't attract the browsers (ha ha!)

Good luck, and tell us more about it. Oxford is near enough for me to visit once in a while! (or more, when I get a license :-)

IPZ