PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 15:18
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf 50
I just had a weird thought:

The PNF was wondering "why is captain not back in the cockpit?" at some point. Perhaps, on his way back to his rest station, he had to visit the lavatory, and when the recall came he was finishing up the business, or in the middle of it. This might explain "delay in response" that had the PNF concerned ...
This is based on something said by the PNF, I presume. But it is not the meaning I understood myself from the context:
- 2 h 11 min 06 : (…) il vient ou pas
The French pronom "il" is undefined, it may be related to something or someone. But all the discussion between pilots is about aircraft control up to this point and after this point. PNF wanted the PF to control his pitch during the climb. It is obvious that he is irritated by PF way of flying and slow corrections. PNF is very authoritative and PF seems quite stubborn.

So, I would interpret this sentence related to aircraft control, not to the captain: it sounds like an exprimed PNF concern about aircraft response time to imputs from the PF:
- have you got a response or not? (implying: I'm asking you to correct your pitch for a while but I can't see that we are going down)