PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonna Fide Occupational Requirement
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 10:46
Mechanic787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 767-300ER
I see Mechanic 787 is cheerleading along with the FP60 group about this crazy CHRT decision....yep, if the CHRT just accepted the FP60 point of view and RH's arguments, then this would all be done and we could go on to arguing about something else....
I am cheerleading no-one. It puzzles me how so many of you "professionals" cannot seem to get by the personam to actually contemplate the essence of the message. There is some valuable content posted here from time to time, but it appears to me that a great deal of it goes unabsorbed by more than a few.

Unlike most here, my interest is in the larger picture: the labour relations and human rights context of this dispute. These Tribunal and court decisions have broad social policy implications that go well beyond the parochial interests of the protagonists. In case you did not discern the underlying thrust of my posts above, let me spell it out for you.

My posts were not focused on the pilot dispute. They were focused on the notion that the Canadian public is currently not being well served CHRT's apparrent inability to display the foggiest grasp of the human rights law and principles that it is constitutionally designated to adjudicate. That is a problem for all of us, including you, by reason of the ultimate cost that will have to be paid for everyone to go through the appeal process to correct the most basic of errors. Maybe your union has lots of money to waste responding to these failings. I know that most others don't.

Last edited by Mechanic787; 1st Aug 2011 at 11:02.