PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2011, 05:57
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done ETOPS. You're learning to argue with some substance. Almost until you threw in the "you prat" bit....

Now, a few things:
A-scale existed, because that was the going rate to get someone suitably trained to move to HK. That was no longer needed. B scale was needed, because that was the going rate to get someone suitably trained to move to Hong Kong. That is no longer needed.
Key words "no longer needed". You are 100% right. But this comes as a trade off. As per your own AOA stats, the number of applicants for the shorter courses (ie with experience) has greatly reduced as opposed to the full course which is greatly over subscribed (zero to very little experience). The trade off is the experience and quality of the applicant. Reduce the T&C's and keep the minimums the same as they previously were and we'll see how many apply.

Now, icadet package is what is needed.
Justify this please. CX have just made and are on course to make record profits yet see the need to LOWER remuneration? So is this "needed" or is just a further money grab?

I'm sure now you'll cast a million aspersions on their training, something you know nothing about.
Really? I know "nothing"? How about the FACT that CX have reduced the transition sim training by 1/3?

Speak to many CX pilots and ask if CX is renown as a "Training Airline" or merely a "Checking Airline". That's a matter of opinion but is very widely thought of.

Just rest assured that these guys come out of Adelaide knowing a ****e-sight more about their craft than your typical US major pilot.
Very bold statement. Care to elaborate? Support it with FACTS? Or is it wishful thinking? I have had the pleasure of flying with such airmen who would leave most speculators (as you are doing now) embarrassed in their knowledge, experience and skill.

My experience taught me command decision making skills outside of a circuit or x-country solo navex, how to stand on my own two feet to go out and get a job, keep it and earn the next rung on the ladder, to learn from my mistakes (the many that nearly killed me and the ones that worked out), to know when and how to stand up to my boss, to know when to say "no" and how to find a way if one existed, to learn self discipline and study techniques to further my aspirations, to know the rules and regs inside and out to ensure I got the job done as needed, and finally to EARN the right to apply for the privilege that used to be CX. All the multi choice exams on an aircraft systems test cannot teach that. Book smarts, nothing more.

As I've said before: Knowledge and passion without application and experience is useless.

If you wish an educated debate in which we can agree to disagree without the attacks (form both sides) then PM me. Others have, and it's been an interesting discussion and one that quite often we've had different views.

Whorewhore....I do have an airline job that I thoroughly enjoy. Did I ever state anything other? I have earned the job I do and can use the time in between flights as I please. The study I keep doing is by professional need and choice as and when I choose. Receptive to what I say? Kid, I could sugar coat the facts as best as possible but the fact remains that by self admission you don't give a damn about your colleagues or the industry, you are looking out for yourself and to hell with the consequences. And that will get under the skin of most professional airline pilots. Still not one of you attacking me have had the balls to refute anything but to come back with personal attacks. Personal with you whorewhore? Hell yeah. You crap on all that most airline pilots stand for and defend. No apologies.