PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft ownership - how can we dispel the rich toy myth?
Old 1st Aug 2011, 05:10
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stickandrudder,

next time you are in the Zürich area, let me know

We do have the same kind of thing here too however, that is why I got quite interested in this thread. Somehow I feel it is one of the primary reasons politics get away with everything they throw at us, because a lot of non-aspirers or otherwise challenged folks feel "serves those rich ba$tards right". that is why I believe we have to stop apologizing and hiding if GA is to have a future in Europe.

salmabambi
Just wait for the bill for your first annual to come along .... then you will know the real cost of aircraft ownership !!!!!.
Wait for it? I've had about 10 of them on my first plane and 2 on this one plus an engine revision last year. Pilots are supposed to plan and stake out things before they comit to something, owners even more so. Anyone who "discovers" the "true cost of ownership" only after he's had his plane for a while has sadly failed at that. "PPPPP" is not only something we should keep in mind while flying but also before.

Recently, I have been approached by people who know about my buying an airplane and asked to put some of my calcs regarding ownership together in book or booklet form. I am thinking about it, but it will require quite some data collection. This thread somehow encourages me to go ahead, there is just so many myths to dispell it might be worth it.

Best regards
AN2 driver