PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - e-mail address not valid
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 21:39
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Spurlash. A number of websites that she accesses require her to input her e-mail address - usually so that they can reply to the enquiry that she is making. On entering her e-mail address in the form [email protected] the site rejects it as an invalid address and this happens on all sites that she attempts to use. The only time she can use her e-mail address is when she accesses the hotmail site itself where she can read, write and send her e-mails. However, when she uses this site, she does not enter [email protected], but just her username itself and of course her password.
As you can imagine, entering the wrong text was the first thing that occurred to me, but surely a website will be looking for ???????@????????.com and will accept all sorts of varieties provided the @ character is there. After all, when getting insurance quotes I am always making up legitimate false telephone numbers and false e-mail addresses to fool their websites but getting me the information I want without being flooded with unnecessary contacts trying to sell me the insurance.
Is her version of explorer 9 trapping the @ although putting it on screen and sending something else out instead?
I'm still baffled!

P.P.