PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 20:48
adolf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank God for another lunatic propaganda memo - I was starting to think I'd seen my last one back in April with the fictional 3% pay rise. As I'm currently one of the 'less than 60' serving my notice, the publication of some more of this crap only confirms that I've made the right decision to no longer be a part of the most embarrassing airline in recent history (in fact, I'd rather be associated with Garuda than Ryanair).

You've got to laugh though. They really expect us to believe that pay increases (?) have eaten into profits. The pass rate for command upgrades is suddenly 80%? (About double the norm). More than 30 ex-Ryanair pilots have applied to return but will not be rehired? Neglecting to mention that the company has made c. 400 million while expecting its employees to take unpaid leave this winter.

Able to cover the summer roster - really? Then why all the desperate requests asking me to work a day off and why cancel flights due to lack of crew?

'Ryanair is not recruiting any Direct Entry Captains'. That's because they couldn't get any the last time they advertised for them.

Another ludicrous reference to contract agencies in a continued pretence that Brookfield pilots are 'service providers' and not employees.

I just feel sorry for Peter Bellew having to put his name to another of O'Brien's pathetic excretions. What a bunch of over-promoted, talentless clowns.