PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash in Kisangani DRC
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 19:32
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He meant that he thought Canada only covered on a small part of the border. He had no idea of how much of North America that Canada actually covered.
I have that quote it quotes because it came out of a persons mouth. Hence the quotation marks. I guess I should have said I met a person rather than people.

To answer your other question, no, I didnt ask what country covered their entire northern border (excluding Alaska) but we did bring up the conversation of where I was from (New Zealand), and a large portion of the university students that I met with had no idea where NZ is. I even had one ask me "Is that by Iraq?"
I realise that by the shear stupidity of that response that many will believe that its false. It was while I was staying in the girls dorm in Oklahoma.
Other responses ranged from near England to being part of Australia.

The Americans that would be arguing this point on this site tend to be the more educated bunch, hence would probably have a fair idea that the DRC is in Africa. Heck they may even be able to explain exactly where it is.

Again, I still point out that if I asked where the DRC was to a lot of high school kids in NZ, I'm fairly certain that a portion of them would have no idea where it was either.

But enough of the thread drift.