PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - e-mail address not valid
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 14:37
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e-mail address not valid

Help please: Mrs P.P. is someone who refuses to attempt to understand computers - but expects hers to do everything that mine does! She is now on her third one, purchased in exasperation because her previous machines packed up. The other month, when this happened she went out and bought an all singing, all dancing Win 7 machine as recommended by the "man" at PC world and despite being told that I didn't understand Win 7 so don't expect much help from me. This of course made no difference and she still asks for help frequently. Her current problem is that no site that she accesses with Explorer 9 will accept her e-mail address when this is requested. This is a totally legitimate one ending in hotmail.com but she can only use it if she uses Explorer to access the hotmail site itself when she can send and receive her e-mails. I naturally thought that this was the fault of the site that she had accessed, but it happens on all (but the hotmail) site that she tries and the problem recurrs when she uses the latest Firefox browser which I managed to upload onto her machine. As far as I can see, her cookies are enabled and I cannot see why her machine should be trapping her e-mail address in some way UNLESS the hotmail site itself is selected, but then, on that site you enter username and password, not [email protected].

Any Ideas? I am baffled

P.P.