PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 31st Jul 2011, 13:46
faerie flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customer Service Manager Mixed Fleet Interviews

Hello all.
I've just been asked to register for one of the August Assessment Days for CSM Mixed Fleet and thought I'd have a general look at the opinions of this job/base. I'm quite surprised to see so much negativity regarding the salary, general conditions, time off and general well-being in LHR MF.
I'm going to be coming from Italy for the interview and will be uprouting husband and two kids under two years old (one of which is just a month old today) so I'll be giving up 'mum' time to do this job, which as an ex-Emirates Airlines CSD I was very very excited at the prospect of it. Now, I have to say I'm terrified.
I've had a look at the rental prices nearby and not keen on the city environment for my kids I thought of a location further away, but many of you experienced CSM's say its impossible, both for tiredness and financially. Does anyone who actually is a MF CSM have any opinions on this? Or perhaps a positive angle? Or should I too be applying for Virgin? I hope not, what a pity to hear my national airline with so many faults.
Anyone know of a decent, comutable yet affordable area for me to live in?
Any insight into the AD?
Thanks.