PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 13:23
dewoitine520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/ the report is a factual description of what was happening
2/ it never says it is a crew fault.
3/ as in many other domain, from facts, in view of your own experience, you make your mind.

1/ the crew never recognized they were stalling. (would I had ??) It is a fact, the report is clear in that matter.
2/ a fault is when you do purposely something you should not do. I do not see any crew fault in that report.
3/ some occurences air data references losses because of freezed probes were reported on the same aircraft type several times in Air France and other companies.
3/a Airbus was aware of the problem, and a probe replacement campaign was scheduled.

3/b in the time frame the probe replacement campaign was ongoing, they have never been trained to cope with that kind of major failure. in fact it looks like the training in "pure" aircraft handling is very poor in the training syllabus.

I hope this accident will help the aviation international authorities to rethink the pilot training syllabus, but also to improve the " field experience feedback" processing in aircraft safety.

I am afraid... it will lead to discharge the responsibility of all accumulated mistakes from all parties onto the three crew members.