PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft ownership - how can we dispel the rich toy myth?
Old 31st Jul 2011, 11:45
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear. What about the large proportion of the population who don't have access to a car - are they dead then, or just invisible to you? Except of course when you're employing them to do menial jobs that you don't feel like doing yourself?
Gertrude,
You seem to be on the defensive on behalf of the poor & destitute, which is commendable, but please try to understand that the rest of the world is not going to happily walk about in rags, looking for their lunch in skips just to make themselves equal.
Some of us may be a little better off than others but many of us have worked hard to be so. Please stop trying to make us feel guilty for "making it".
Most of us feel sorry for the hard working less well off, but until it becomes convention to share & pool all financial resources so that everyone on this planet is equally well off or poor depending how the sums work out, then there will always be them that have & them that have not.
You must agree that in your world of council flats & high rise slums there are a large number of downright lazy unemployable bums that we do not feel sorry for. There are also many in the same places that don't deserve to be there.
I left the Navy in 1967 & lived in a miserable flat, shared drying green etc while I drove busses for a living.
I worked my way from there to a detached cottage with 2 acre, retired toolroom foreman, & a decent pension. Stop trying to make me feel guilty as if I should give it all away to the booze swigging junkies that couldn't see far enough to drive the car that they can't afford since they pissed it all up the wall.