PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 11:29
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICE PACK

Sorry where do you get this from
Also if you go hands free from straight & level, neutral stick, the a/c tends to climb at high level due it trying to maintain 1 g.
ALT 1
PITCH CONTROL
Ground mode
Identical to normal law ground mode.
Flight mode
The flight law is a load factor demand law similar to the normal law with limited pitch rate feedbacks and gains depending on speed and configuration.
FLIGHT MODE
The normal law flight mode is a load factor demand law with auto trim and full flight envelope protection.
It provides control of elevator and THS from the side stick controllers to achieve a load factor proportional to stick deflection, independent of speed.
With the side stick at neutral, wings level, the system maintains 1 G in pitch corrected for pitch attitude, and there is no need for the pilot to trim with speed or configuration changes.
ALT 2
PITCH CONTROL
Identical to ALT 1 law.
So it will not go into a gentle climb trying to maintain 1G.

Kalium Chloride

In darkness at altitude over an ocean, possibly in cloud, I suspect there was no visual reference to "look" weird. I suspect that was part of the reason for failing to realise the attitude of the aircraft during the stall.
Not quite, that is why we "pilots" have to fly on instruments, namely the PFD, on most new A/C (artificial horizon), with reference to an ATTITUDE. I would certainly never expect to see 14 degrees plus at 35,000'. You also start to see big red arrow heads which show you where the horizon is as you go further from level and they get BIGGER the further you move away from level.