PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 08:10
before landing check list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zorin, hold on a sec. I did miss your prior question to me. So here goes an answer flown an AB aircraft;
Flight 296 in Paris. I do not think the pilots flew into those trees on purpose.

Quoted from misd-again

Have to wonder if the FB(in the left seat) and CA(jumpseat after returning to cockpit?) could tell that the FO had the stick in the full nose up position?
With a sidestick, especially at night, I wonder if anyone could see the FO's sidestick inputs?
So if you were to jump into the right seat and pushed forward on the stick whom would the computer attempt to obey? Either way somebody would not be getting what they asked for and worse that person would never know because there is no feedback. They would just be assuming for whatever reason the inputs they were trying to give were not working now it is time for plan B, C, D etc. All of this happens in seconds adding to the confusion. So you end up with the left hand not talking with the right hand and the computer through lack of feedback not talking with either of them.

Do you think the pilots wanted the THS to go full ANU or do you think the computer assumed one (not both) of the pilots wanted it? I say both because who really has command when the side sticks are displaced in different locations? I really do not know.

In fairness to the PF (whichever one it was) the only 'nose-up input' he (The PF) applied at the onset of the accident was immediately after the sign-off. The BEA states that the 'zoom climb' started at least 11 seconds after that - and there is no mention of the PF moving the stick either way until he applies 'nose-down' to counteract the climb. Does this mean the PF did not cause the climb but it takes several seconds for the AB330 to respond to control movements?